About Me

My photo
Tuscaloosa, AL
I am a 31 year old self proclaimed chef :) I love to eat, which means I LOVE to cook, hope you enjoy my recipes!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Aero-Garden!

I have wanted an herb garden for years, but between moving and usually renting houses that I lived in, there never seemed to be a good opportunity to get one going.  For Christmas I found this little invention!  It is called an Aero-garden, an indoor, hydroponic, gardening system.  I ordered it Christmas night and by Wednesday I had received it.  I intend to keep a weekly log of my progress, in case anyone is interested.  For those who don’t know, hydroponic means that you grow the plants without soil.  Just using water, light and nutrients. 


Week 1


Set up was super easy.  The base, arm and light all go together with ease.  Once you find a spot and fill with water you are ready to start planting!  I ordered the Italian herb kit which consisted of :  Thyme, Mint, Dill, Oregano, Basil, Lemon Basil, and Genovese Basil.  I planted them added the included nutrients and plugged in the system.  The front panel lets you input what you are growing so that the lights will come on and off as needed.  That was really all there was to it.  Now just sit back and wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment