- 1. Preheat oven to 450
- 2. In a large skillet, melt 2 tbls butter and the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and parsnips and simmer covered for about 8 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender, stir frequently.
- 3. Add the ground beef and continue to simmer until the meat is browned
- 4. While the meat is browning, mix in a large bowl 2 cups of flour, the remaining stick of butter (melted), cheese, and 1 cup milk. Mix well into it resembles a dough and set aside.
- 5. Drain
- 6. Add the beef and vegetables back to the skillet, along with the thyme, rosemary, ¼ cup flour, 1.5 cups milk, and the chicken stock. Stir well and simmer until it thickens about 12 minutes.
- 7. Add peas to mixture and stir, remove from heat.
- 8. Pour mixture into 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 9. Spoon biscuit dough on top, should make about 18 2 tbls scoops. Just spread them around, they will not cover the entire top of the dish.
- 10. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the biscuits are done throughout and the casserole is bubbling.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
1/8 cup olive oil
¾ lb carrots, peeled and diced
¾ lb parsnips, peeled and diced
1 large yellow onion, diced
1.5 lbs ground beef
½ tbls thyme
½ tbls rosemary
2 ¼ cups self-rising flour
2.5 cups milk
1 cup of chicken stock
5 oz frozen peas
4 ozs sharp cheddar cheese, shredded