About Me

My photo
Tuscaloosa, AL
Happily Married, Step Mom to 3 teenagers, 1 baby of my own born April 2018. Love to cook, and some people think I'm good at it :)

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mushroom Turkey Burgers

  • ½ lb ground lean turkey meat
  • 2 large Portabella mushroom caps
  • 2 slices reduced fat Colby Jack Cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ¼ white onion diced
  • ¼ white onion sliced in strips
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Olive oil


Burgers:  Combine the Turkey, garlic, diced onion, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.  Mix well in large bowl, I just used my hands, then form into 2 equal size patties.  In a small skillet simmer the patties and the strips of onion on low for 15 mins on each side, covered.  Cook them until they are white all the way through.
Mushrooms:  Place on cookie sheet gill side up, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Drizzle with Olive oil  and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 mins until they are soft and darker brown around the edges.

Stack the mushroom, patty, cheese, and onions.  Eat with a fork and knife, I dipped mine in mustard and it tasted just like a great burger off the grill.  I didn’t even miss the bun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment